It’s often forgotten that the organisations we rely on to coordinate and develop impact frameworks and standards are not-for-profits. They need the support of the industry to grow and flourish. Which is where Tipping Point comes in.
Tipping Point is a donor collaborative committed to driving the harmonisation of impact frameworks, and developing data infrastructure, to help catalyse growth in the sector.
The US-based fund (TPF) has announced $US3.2 million in grants to 16 organisations. They operate across the spectrum of impact measurement, data infrastructure and frameworks. All focussed on scaling impact.
“High-quality data and metrics are the foundation of well-functioning, efficient, and transparent capital markets,” says Fran Seegull, Executive Director of TPF and President of the U.S. Impact Investing Alliance.
“As impact investing continues to grow in scope and scale, so too must the tools and frameworks used to assess impacts across a range of environmental, social, and economic factors.”
The organisations were assessed based on their contribution to one of three high-level factors:
- Improving impact standards alignment and harmonization among existing standards systems and taxonomies, particularly across asset classes and geographies
- Raising the bar on impact and ESG performance, including by improving the adoption and application of those standards
- Developing improved data infrastructure and practices to support more robust impact and ESG measurement and disclosure globally and across asset classes
The full list of recipients is below:
- 60 Decibels
- Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
- As You Sow
- Capitals Coalition
- Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke University
- Common Approach
- Digitization for Sustainability Data Lab (DSD-Lab)
- Icebreaker One
- Impact Frontiers
- Intentional Endowments Network (IEN)
- Oxfam America
- Social Performance Task Force (SPTF)
- The Investment Integration Project (TIIP)
- World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA)
- XBRL International